This 2 day certification course is open to professional educators, psychologists, reading or resource specialists, speech-language therapists, occupational therapists, counselors, learning specialists and tutors. Credentials and a formal resume must be submitted with your application, reviewed and accepted prior to enrolment. The course combines information, demonstration and practicum experience.
In this two-day course you will learn:
- How to identify individuals with Irlen Syndrome
- The common learning and behavioral characteristics of individuals with Irlen Syndrome
- How perception affects reading, spelling, mathematics and copying
- How perception can affect depth perception and sensory integration
- How to test using the Irlen Reading Perceptual Scale (IRPS)
- A variety of intervention strategies including colored overlays
- Hands-on practice using the IRPS
- About international research on Irlen Syndrome
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be certified through the Irlen® Institute to diagnose Irlen® Syndrome/Scotopic Sensitivity and properly prescribe Irlen® Spectral Overlay Filters for stage one remediation. Participants will become competent to assess the severity of Irlen® Syndrome and learn whom to refer to for the next, more comprehensive diagnostic assessment, the Irlen® Spectral Filter Lens Tint assessment.
Become a certified Irlen Screener and add this service to your existing educational, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Psychological practice or tutoring services. Become part of an international network of professionals who aim to maximize educational, work, and daily activity performance for children and adults with reading problems, dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, chronic migraines/headaches, light sensitivity, anxieties, autism and sensory processing disorders.